WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — The Big Ten Conference has announced its 2018-19 composite schedule, releasing the dates of the Boilermakers' 20-game conference slate. The announcement completes Purdue's 31-game regular-season schedule that tips off Nov. 6, against Fairfield.
Times and TV designations will be announced at a later date.
For the second straight year and with a new 20-game league schedule, the Boilermakers open Big Ten play with a rematch of last year's Big Ten Tournament championship game on Dec. 1, at Michigan. Purdue begins conference play at home five days later against Maryland on Dec. 6, at Mackey Arena.
After a month break, the Boilermakers flip the calendar to 2019, against Iowa on Jan. 3, for the lone meeting between the two teams. Purdue then takes to the road for a challenging two-game roadswing against Michigan State (Jan. 8) and Wisconsin (Jan. 11).
Purdue then hosts Rutgers (Jan. 15) and Indiana (Jan. 19) for a two-game homestand, followed by a trip to Ohio State on Jan. 23. Michigan State comes to Mackey Arena on Jan. 27, to close out the month.
Purdue home games in February include Minnesota (Feb. 3), Nebraska (Feb. 9), Penn State (Feb. 16) and Illinois (Feb. 27). The Boilermakers close out the home slate with Senior Night on Saturday, March 2, against Ohio State.
The Boilermakers' remaining road games are at Penn State (Jan. 31), Maryland (Feb. 12), Indiana (Feb. 19), Nebraska (Feb. 23), Minnesota (March 5) and Northwestern (March 9).
All told, Purdue will have six Big Ten home games during the weekend, featuring six of the last seven home games of the year (Indiana, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Penn State, Ohio State). The Boilermakers will also only have one Big Ten break game, coming Jan. 3, against Iowa.
Tickets for the 2017-18 season are available by calling 800.49SPORT, or online at PurdueSports.com.
- Purdue men's basketball to open Big Ten play at Michigan
- Purdue women's basketball gets Big Ten schedule
- Postgame Coverage: Michigan beats Purdue for Big Ten tournament title
- Purdue women's basketball 2018-19 Big Ten opponents announced
- Purdue learns Big Ten basketball opponents for 2019-20
- Purdue baseball opens Big Ten play with 3-2 over Penn State
- Whilby, Purdue top Illinois in Big Ten tournament opener
- Purdue softball tops Iowa 3-2 in Big Ten opener
- Purdue tops Northwestern 9-7, takes Big Ten opening series
- Purdue volleyball trio garners Big Ten awards