WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - In just a few hours, Purdue University graduate Andrew Feustel will launch into space.
At 1:44pm Wednesday Feustel will launch on Expedition 55. Feustel has been to space before but this will be his longest duration at around 6 months.
When Feustel arrives he will be greated by another Boilermaker already at the space station, Scott Tingle.
Along with Tingle and Feustel in space, the flight commander on the ground is also a Boilermaker. Gary Horlacher will be in their ear for the duration of their time in space.
Purdue historian John Norberg says this is something amazing.
"They are going to have a good time up there. They are going to do a lot of serious work. And they are going to make Purdue and everyone in the United States very very proud," said Norberg.
There will be a launch party on Purdue's campus Wednesday from 12:30 to 3:30 in the Lawson Computer Science Building.
- Purdue Graduate Launches to Space Wednesday
- Purdue officially launches Purdue University Global
- Purdue launches affordable tuition grant
- Purdue launches Keating Supercar showroom
- Local man balances retirement, graduation from Purdue
- Purdue graduate speaks at summer commencement
- Purdue's 23rd astronaut heads to space Sunday
- Purdue School Launchboxes fly into space
- Hundreds gather to watch Boilermaker launch into space
- Purdue graduate Diego Morales running for Indiana's 4th Congressional District