WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - The online university Purdue Global is expected to be up and running by April. The Higher Learning Commission approved it earlier this month.
Purdue Global has been a controversial topic for the last year.
Starting in April, administrators will be accepting applications. Purdue President Mitch Daniels said now that it's a done deal more than 100 Purdue staff members have expressed interest in enrolling.
Tuition for Purdue staff will be free. Staff member Lauren Dickerson says she plans to enroll.
"For myself, it's definitely a better way to go about things since I have two small children," said Dickerson. "Finding childcare, let alone childcare in the evening or later in the day is very difficult and very expensive."
Graduates of the online university will receive a Purdue Global University diploma.
- Purdue Global expected to be up and running by April
- Mixed opinions on Purdue Global
- Purdue adopts global collaboration statement
- Purdue officially launches Purdue University Global
- Purdue Global terminates its employee's confidentiality agreement
- Purdue University Global Awarded Exclusive HIMSS Designation
- Purdue University Global Introduces New Cloud Computing Degree Program
- Purdue leading $10 million effort to address global food safety
- Purdue believes it's close to resolving transparency issue with Purdue University Global
- Michigan State halts Purdue’s run, 23-13