WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Purdue landed its 17th commitment for the class of 2020 on Tuesday.
And this commitment has a strong connection to the Boilermakers.
Christian Gonzalez is the brother-in-law of former Purdue quarterback David Blough.
Gonzalez picked the Boilers over Arizona State, Colorado, Notre Dame, Alabama and Ole Miss.
The four-star defensive back from ?? Texas also held offers from Miami (Fl), Michigan State, Ohio State, Texas Tech and Texas Christian.
Gonzalez's sister, Melissa, married Blough this past March.
With the addition of Gonzalez, Purdue now has the 28th ranked recruiting class in the nation according to Rivals. Jeff Brohm and the Boilermakers had the 26th rated recruiting class for 2019.
- Texas DB Christian Gonzalez commits to Purdue
- Purdue adds 130 dB train horn to Ross-Ade Stadium
- West Lafayette's George Karlaftis commits to Purdue
- Harrison's Nic Hofman commits to Purdue
- Purdue commit George Karlaftis sets signing date
- Mishawaka Marian's Jaden Ivey commits to Purdue
- Gonzalez, Schoop homer, Pineda solid as Twins top White Sox
- Sharon Versyp picks up commitment from Texas Tech transfer
- Eric Hunter opens up on Purdue commitment: "They wanted me"
- Purdue coaching staff commits to David Blough at QB