WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — From Queens to West Lafayette. Purdue has landed its running back for the future.
Tirek Murphy committed to Jeff Brohm and the Boilermakers Saturday while on his official visit.
The four-star running back from Christ the King in New York City announced his decision via Twitter.
— 4 ✞ (@Tirek_Jr) June 15, 2019
The 6 foot, 200-pound Murphy chose Purdue over offers from Oregon, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State and Notre Dame among several others.
Murphy is Purdue's fifth commitment for the class of 2020. The Boilermakers added Pittsburgh offensive lineman Josh Kaltenberger on Thursday.
- Purdue lands New York running back Tirek Murphy
- Murphy, Coffey lead Minnesota over No. 13 Purdue 75-73
- Purdue basketball lands younger Thompson brother
- Purdue lands four-star guard Ethan Morton
- Purdue aircraft makes emergency landing in Clinton County field
- Purdue holds 50th anniversary celebration of Apollo 11 moon landing
- Michigan State halts Purdue’s run, 23-13
- Murphy, Schwarber, Baez power Cubs over Reds 10-6
- Baez, Murphy go deep as Cubs romp past Diamondbacks 9-1
- Murphy, Minnesota end 4-game skid with 84-63 win vs. Indiana