LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Purdue Crew Team spent the day rowing in the Tippecanoe County Mall. Team members worked with Lafayette Urban Ministry.
Together, they raised money for the community's neediest families. Purdue Crew carries a long tradition of being one of the largest and most successful athletic clubs at the university.
President of Purdue Crew, Hannah Stefanik said an important part of being on the team is giving back.
"We have kids from all over the globe who are on the team and we're getting donations all over and I think that says a lot about how powerful the team and the university both are," said Stefanik.
The team rowed 26 miles from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Purdue Crew rows in Tippecanoe County Mall
- Purdue Crew is rowing and raising money
- Purdue rowing team helping support Tippecanoe County families in need
- Crews battling house fire in Tippecanoe County
- Community reacts to Tippecanoe Mall shooting
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe Mall incident
- The Purdue Crew team is hosting its annual Row-A-Thon
- Purdue Crew to send two athletes to World University Rowing Championships
- Tippecanoe Mall is now a designated 'safe place'
- Teenager faces adult charges after shots fired at Tippecanoe Mall