WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Dozens of Purdue University Asian-student organizations came together to host the Taste of Asia.
The event is designed to give students a chance to get together and share their culture with the community. Along with offering foods from various countries, students also performed.
Asian Student Union Board Secretary Jenny Zheng said this is their biggest fundraising event of the year. Money through ticket sales goes back into the organizations participating.
Zheng said seeing how it grows each year is always a great feeling.
“It's great seeing everybody here because like, we work, I think we start planning in the summer so we really hope for a good turn out so each year it usually gets better and better, which is good,” said Zheng.
Zheng said she doesn't see a lot of Asian representation in this part of the region, that's why she enjoys this event.
“In the midwest, there's not really that much Asian representation so, at Purdue, we do what we can to get ourselves out there,” said Zheng.
Zheng said Taste of Asia has gone on for nearly 20 years. She said the student organizations host individual events throughout the year leading up to Taste of Asia.
- Purdue Asian-student Union hosts annual Taste of Asia
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge
- Purdue Polynesian Cultural Club hosts annual Luau
- Purdue hosting liquidation sale of furniture from Union Club Hotel
- Purdue Hosting Career Fair
- Summer Belt performing at the 38th Annual TASTE of Tippecanoe
- Purdue University hosts 7th annual half-marathon and 5k race
- Purdue hosting its annual career fair in June
- 104th annual Purdue Road School
- Purdue holds annual Human Library