LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Many local vendors will be hosting a craft fair at the Purdue University Armory on December 3rd, from 12PM to 6PM.
Vendors will be comprised of local and small business owners. The event is open for the public and will give Purdue students and faculty a chance to purchase unique gifts for the holidays.
Prizes supplied by the vendors will be raffled off as well. Raffle tickets will be sold for $1 per ticket, or $5 for 6. Purdue faculty with ID will be given two tickets for free, and students with ID will be given one free ticket.
This is the first craft fair that has been hosted at the armory, and it is giving several smaller, local businesses a chance to get their products on the market.
Jake Westfall, owner and creator of ‘Don’t Sweat It Apparel,’ is selling his own product. He spoke about his hopes for what the fair will do for small businesses in the Greater Lafayette Area.
“We're hoping that this will bring more awareness to our community for small businesses to have more craft shows and bigger events. Purdue is perfect to have one at. There’s a lot of smaller ones going on venues but it's nice to have the students and the faculty, they can get involved with the show.”
Westfall also spoke about how he hopes the fair will encourage other small businesses to participate in future craft fairs.
- Purdue Armory Craft Fair
- Future of Purdue's armory remains in question
- Purdue Armory repurposing plans halted for now
- Purdue Hosting Career Fair
- Purdue hosting Building and Grounds Career Fair
- Craft beer festival celebrates Midwest breweries
- Craft show held at Carnahan Hall
- Purdue hosting its annual career fair in June
- Purdue student, Miss Benton County wins Indiana State Fair Queen
- John Deere Day kicks off Purdue Industrial Roundtable Career Fair