Photo Gallery 1 Images
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Purdue All-American Marching Band is preparing for a trip overseas this spring break.
The band is taking its talents to Dublin, Ireland for the St. Patrick's Day Parade. The trip is optional for band members, although most are joining in.
The band was invited back to the parade after a successful trip in 2013.
Assistant Director to the marching band, Matt Conaway, said this is great exposure for the students involved.
"We're recognized for the parades that we do and the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Dublin, it doesn't get any better than that this time of year," he said. "We'll have almost a million people on the streets watching us, a nation wide television audience in Ireland. It's just nice to be able to bring the Purdue sound over there to Ireland again."
The Purdue Marching Band prides itself on making trips internationally to spread the sounds of the school.
- Purdue All-American Marching Band prepares for Ireland
- Purdue All-American Marching Band celebrates 100 years of music at the Indianapolis 500
- Purdue Marching Band puts on a show for 1,400 kids
- Purdue hosts Norwegian Foot March
- Lafayette Jeff Marching Band receives plaque for ISSMA achievement
- Band Abercorn prepares for first TASTE of Tippecanoe performance
- Purdue band director receives one of state's highest honors
- Purdue Bands and Orchestras to get new building
- Purdue football begins preparing for Iowa
- No. 3 Purdue prepares for Indiana