WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Purdue President Mitch Daniels tweeted Sunday night that Dr. Wallace "Wally" Tyner has died. Dr. Tyner was an Agriculture Economics professor at Purdue.
According to a biography on the College of Agriculture website, Dr. Tyner worked for more than 40 years researching issues regarding agricultural economics, natural resource and energy economics, and public policy. He has even testified before the U.S. House of Representatives on renewable fuel standard.
It is unclear how Tyner passed. President Daniels said in his tweet, "Deeply saddened at the loss of Dr. Wally Tyner. A great scholar and warm, wonderful human being. A tragic way to start the school year. Thank you, Wally, for all you did and meant to Purdue."
- Purdue Agriculture Economics professor dies
- Retired Purdue Professor Dale Margerum dies
- Drone Demonstration for Purdue Agriculture
- Purdue professor sets world record
- Purdue Professor Dr. Wallace "Wally" Tyner has died
- Purdue professor arrested for alleged public intoxication
- Purdue professor and his wife indicted
- Some Purdue professors experience wave of harassment
- Purdue professor makes debut on Jeopardy!
- Purdue professor discusses black hole image