LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Prosecutors said a 33-year-old Lafayette man had an ongoing sexual relationship with a teenager. Adam Avila is charged with seven felony counts, including sexual misconduct with a minor and child solicitation.
According to court documents, the relationship started when the teen was 15. She told investigators she originally lied about her age. Once she told him her real age, the relationship continued.
Both the victim and Avila said they had sexual intercourse several times. Prosecutors said they also exchanged explicit photos and videos.
- Prosecutors: Lafayette man had ongoing sexual relationship with teen
- Lafayette man charged after alleged sexual relationship with a minor
- Runaway Lafayette teens found
- Lafayette teen charged with murder
- Charges filed against Lafayette man in sexual assault case
- West Lafayette man sentenced for sexual misconduct with a minor
- Prosecutor: Man with weapon stockpile threatened roommate
- NAACP 'building relationships' with local law enforcement
- Lafayette teen dies in single-vehicle crash
- Facebook makes changes in its ongoing attempt to limit misinformation