WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A 40-year-old former Tippecanoe School Corporation employee began molesting a student when he was just 9-years-old, according to court documents.
Jennifer Holmgren, a former special education aide at Klondike Elementary School, has been fired from the corporation. The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office was contacted by the school corporation on Nov. 1 about messages that referenced a sexual relationship between Holmgren and a, now, 14-year-old boy.
"I have loved getting [expletive] by u," a message from Holmgren to the boy read. "Idc that ur still growing...I find U Damn sexy," another read.
The boy told police he had sex with Holmgren multiple times from the time he was 9 to 13-years-old. Holmgren admitted she had sex with the boy in July of 2019 when he was 13.
Prosecutors said Holmgren tried to contact the boy on Nov. 3 and asked him to delete documents involved. She was fired that same day. Holmgren was arrested Friday on preliminary charges of child molesting and child solicitation.
As of Wednesday morning, Holmgren was still in the Tippecanoe County Jail.
- Prosecutors: 40-year-old TSC employee started molesting student when he was 9
- Former TSC employee officially charged with child molesting
- Former TSC employee arrested, suspected of inappropriate relationship with student
- TSC ready to start athletic facility projects
- TSC students learn about STEM careers
- TSC awarded STEM acceleration grant
- TSC encourages parents to register students for Kindergarten Round-Up
- Enrollment continues to increase for TSC
- Major renovation plans move forward for TSC
- TSC getting ready for Kindergarten Roundup