WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A man living near Purdue's West Lafayette campus had a stockpile of weapons and threatened a roommate, according to prosecutors.
Prosecutor Pat Harrington charged 22-year old Spencer Au with eight counts which include battery, pointing a firearm, criminal recklessness, and possession of cocaine.
Prosecutors said witnesses reported seeing Au draw a Glock handgun and use a stun gun on a roommate at their home on Northwestern Avenue.
Investigators served a search warrant on the home.
Prosecutors said they found several firearms, including shotguns, semi-automatic rifles, and handguns.
They also found drugs, a large amount of ammunition and tactical vests.
Here’s the full list of charges:
-possession of cocaine
-possession of a controlled substance
-possession of marijuana
-possession of paraphernalia
-pointing a firearm
-maintaining a common nuisance - controlled substances
- Prosecutor: Man with weapon stockpile threatened roommate
- Resident assistants could have roommates next year
- Indiana man charged with threatening reproductive clinics
- Man arrested for battery with a deadly weapon
- Weapons charge for a man connected to shooting
- Prosecutor declines to charge officer in deaf man's killing
- Prosecutors: Lafayette man had ongoing sexual relationship with teen
- Farmers find alleged double murder weapon
- Man arrested after threatening to shoot woman in WL home
- Intimidation charges filed against man for allegedly threatening police