TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A previously convicted child molester has been charged after he had inappropriate conversations with a child. Prosecutors have charged 45-year-old Gregory Allen Hooker with multiple charges including child solicitation, vicarious sexual gratification and several counts of possession of child pornography.
According to prosecutors, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children contacted Lafayette police on April 4 about a possible case of child pornography and solicitation. Prosecutors said Hooker, who is homeless, allegedly had inappropriate conversations with a child between 14 and 16-years-old on a social media chat application.
Prosecutors said investigators also found multiple videos and pictures of child pornography in Hooker's email account. Prosecutors believe all the children in the photos are under 12-years-old.
Prosecutors said Hooker is a habitual offender and was convicted of child molesting in Clinton County in 1996.
Jail records show Hooker is currently in the Tippecanoe County Jail.
- Previously convicted child molester facing new charges of sex crimes
- Previously convicted child molester sentenced
- Previously convicted child molester sentenced for child solicitation
- Twice-convicted child molester faces more charges
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- Lafayette man faces felony child molesting charges.
- Convicted child molester gets 41 years
- Rossville man convicted on molesting charges
- A Lafayette man faces several felony child molesting charges
- Man facing child molestation and incest charges following investigation