LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The preliminary cause of death has been released for a man who died in the Tippecanoe County jail on Tuesday. According to Tippecanoe County Coroner Donna Avolt, preliminary autopsy results show Jahmal Moore died from favor, hypertension, and cardiomyopathy.
The coroner's office is still waiting for results from Moore's toxicology report. Moore was sitting in a dayroom in the jail when we suddenly fell unconscious.
He was taken to Franciscan Health, where he was pronounced dead.
- Cause of death released for man who died in jail
- Coroner releases cause of death of Tippecanoe County jail inmates who died on same day
- Cause of death released for third Tippecanoe County Jail inmate who died on same day
- Man mistakenly released from Indiana jail back behind bars
- Man shot by police dies after medical emergency in jail
- Man guilty of killing pregnant woman dies in jail
- Authorities investigate Tippecanoe County Jail inmate's death
- Coroner releases cause of inmate death
- Name released of Rensselaer stabbing victim; suspect jailed
- Fatal hit-and-run suspect released from jail