KLONDIKE, Ind. (WLFI) - A power outage Friday morning affected thousands of customers in the Klondike area.
According to Lew Middleton Corporate Communications with Duke Energy, a utility pole at Klondike and 52 began to lean causing the wires to sag. This led to one conductor touching another which caused the outage.
The Duke website reported the outage affected 2,665 customers around 9:08 a.m.
- Friday morning power outage affects thousands
- Thousands affected by Frankfort power outage
- Duke Energy reporting power outages
- Planned power outage for West Lafayette on Friday
- Storms leave thousands without power
- Crash causes major power outage, 2 hospitalized
- Power outage shuts down Eastside 9 theater
- Campus wide power outage reported at Purdue
- Multiple schools delayed Friday morning
- Power outage on Creasy Lane and South Streets in Lafayette causing traffic backups.