LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Last week's SWAT standoff near Jeff High School involved a possible sexual assault, according to Lafayette police.
Officers said they received a report of a woman inside the home who had been or was being sexually assaulted.
Sgt. Matt Gard said the woman inside the South 22nd Street home was also bitten by a dog. When officers arrived, the dog was found dead outside. Police said it was shot by somebody in the home.
Lafayette police are still investigating. No arrests have been made.
On Thursday evening, police said a call came in about a woman being held against her will. She was found at the address Friday afternoon.
The connection between the woman and the people in the house is unknown.
Several schools were on lockdown during the situation.
- Possible sexual assault reported in Friday's SWAT situation
- Linden man in custody after SWAT situation
- 18th Street SWAT situation ends with arrest
- SWAT situation at 22nd and State Streets
- Lafayette man charged in 2018 SWAT situation
- Subject detained in Rossville SWAT situation
- Lafayette police still investigating after three-hour SWAT situation
- Standoff is over in SWAT situation in Tippecanoe County
- LPD Specialist O'Shields reinstated after review of SWAT situation
- Person reports drugging and sexual assault at fraternity