LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette Police released plans for the upcoming South Street closure, Wednesday.
A portion of the road will be closed to through traffic for 90 days beginning Monday, April 2.
It will be closed between Earl Avenue and Sagamore Parkway, and from Sagamore to Hamman Street.
This is the final phase of the Restore Sagamore project. One lane of Sagamore Parkway will stay open for drivers to cross going both northbound and southbound.
Sergeant Will Carpenter said drivers need to be prepared and patient while construction is going on.
"Hopefully that within 90 days it will be done and it will be a much better and safer roadway, but in that 90 days leading up to that opening, there is going to be some headaches and we are just not going to be able to get over that at this point," said Carpenter.
The official detour is Creasy Lane to Union Street to Earl Avenue. LPD encourage people to continue visiting businesses in the area.
- Portion of South Street to close Monday
- South Street closure begins Monday
- Leak closes portion of Columbia Street in Lafayette
- SR 234 closing Monday
- INDOT closing portion of Interstate 465 Friday for 15 days
- Sinkhole closes street in Lafayette
- Chestnut street mercantile has closed
- Sinkhole closes 9th street downtown
- Dayton Elementary closes early Monday
- Business owners prepare for South Street closure