LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A major fundraiser for Lafayette Urban Ministry's immigration Clinic is on track to raise $30,000.
Port of Hope fundraiser was held at Lafayette Brewing Company Thursday evening.
More than 200 people showed up to enjoy music, food and drinks.
Immigration clinic director Susan Brouillette said the money raised helps pay application fees and provides resources to people wanting to become citizens.
"this community embraces everybody and it is just heartwarming to see the huge turn out we have tonight and the amount of sponsors we have," said Brouillette.
Roughly 19 local restaurants were at the event.
- Port of Hope fundraiser on track to raise $30,000
- Indiana ports extends option for possible 3rd Ohio R. port
- Tippecanoe Latino Festival brings in $30,000 this year
- Hoops for Hope fundraises for two community members
- Superhero fundraiser happening this weekend to help raise autism awareness
- Tyler Trent Endowment exceeds fundraising goal, raises $2 Million
- Walk of Hope raises funds for those in need
- Indiana's 3 ports earn Green Marine national designation
- New USS Indianapolis commissioning set for Indiana port
- 4th USS Indianapolis commissioned at northern Indiana port