WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — It was a busy Grand Prix weekend for West Lafayette police. The weekend is traditionally Purdue's busiest party weekend of the year.
From Friday to Sunday, the department took 227 calls for service. That's 80 more than the 2017 Grand Prix weekend.
A total of eight people were arrested. Those include three for possession of marijuana and four arrests for public intoxication.
- Police take 200+ calls during Grand Prix weekend
- Grand Prix weekend kicks off at Purdue
- Purdue campus bars brace for Grand Prix weekend
- Purdue bars checked for safety during Grand Prix weekend
- Purdue prepares for 62nd annual Grand Prix
- Brenden Johnson wins 62nd Purdue Grand Prix
- Pre-sale tickets for Purdue Grand Prix now available
- Jared Thomas wins 61st Purdue Grand Prix despite kart issues
- More than 2,500 attended Purdue’s 62nd annual Grand Prix
- Campus bars and City of West Lafayette prepare for Grand Prix Weekend