WASHINGTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A standoff with Washington County police Tuesday evening ended peacefully.
Police say at around 6:30 p.m. they responded to a domestic situation in Hardinsburg, Indiana, possibly involving weapons.
When they arrived, police made contact with a man who said he and his ex-wife had been in an argument earlier that day.
The man said that he left to run some errands and when he returned, she threatened him with a gun and fired off a shot.
The man said he then left the residence and called 911.
State Police Negotiators and SWAT arrived and surrounded the home with the woman inside.
At around 9:18 p.m. she surrendered and was taken into custody.
The woman, later identified as 49-year-old Katrina E. Heath, was taken to the Washington County Jail on preliminary charges of criminal recklessness with a firearm, intimidation, pointing a firearm, resisting law enforcement and attempted murder.
- Police standoff in Washington Co. ends peacefully
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation
- UPDATE: Subject of Lafayette police standoff identified
- Romney man charged after police standoff
- Man arrested after 2-hour standoff with police
- Frankfort police investigating standoff and face stabbing
- Lafayette man arrested after standoff
- Kokomo rape suspect dies in Louisiana after standoff with police
- Breakup may have led to woman's murder, police standoff
- Man with machete arrested after 90-minute standoff with Lafayette police