LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - The man shot on Hartford Street in Lafayette on Sunday night is in critical condition and Police believe he knew the person who shot him. A search for that suspect is still underway.
Lafayette Police are searching for one suspect responsible for a shooting incident near downtown Lafayette. It happened Sunday night on Hartford Street.
Police responded to a call of shots fired at around 7:30 p.m. Sergeant Mike Brown with the Lafayette Police Department said a group of people were outside a home when multiple shots rang out. The man targeted was 45-year-old Reginald Lewis, Sgt. Brown could not confirm the spelling of the victim's name.
Brown said Lewis was shot multiple times outside his home on the 1000 block of Hartford Street. He said Lewis ran across the street and collapsed. He has been life-lined to a hospital in Indianapolis.
News 18's Micah Upshaw was at the scene. She reports there were seven spent shell-casing makers outside of the home.
The suspects have not been found. Police also say they don't believe the suspects are a danger to the public.
Anyone with information should call LPD at (765) 807-1200.
This is a developing story.
- Police searching for man in connection to Hartford St. shooting
- State police searching for two men in connection to murder
- Neighbors react to shooting on Hartford Street
- LPD looking for man wanted in connection to fatal shooting
- Weapons charge for a man connected to shooting
- Woman shot near Purdue campus; police searching for shooting suspect
- Man dies in Lafayette police-involved shooting
- West Lafayette police arrest teen in connection to high-rise shooting
- Kokomo police searching for rape suspect
- Lafayette police searching for 12-year-old runaway