LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police have made two arrests in a Black Friday masked armed robbery. Police arrested 23-year-old Camaris Antwon Slater and 35-year-old Martell Fowler after clothing taken from the victim was returned to a store at the Tippecanoe Mall.
The victim said he and Fowler, who are friends, spent Friday shopping at the mall. When he came back to Fowler's home on South 16th and Perdue Streets, the victim told police he was approached by a masked man with a handgun. The victim described the man as tall and wearing dark clothing with a t-shirt over his face. Police later identified that suspect as Slater.
Police said Slater got away with about $100 worth of purchased clothing and a backpack. Lt. Brian Phillips couldn't speculate if Fowler and Slater knew each other, or if the robbery was planned between the two.
Slater was arrested on preliminary charges of Robbery While Armed with a Firearm, Intimidation with use of a Deadly Weapon, Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Paraphernalia.
Fowler was arrested for preliminary charges of Robbery While Armed with a Firearm and Possession of Marijuana.
Both men are being held in the Tippecanoe County Jail.
- Police make 2 arrests in Black Friday armed robbery
- LPD investigating Black Friday alleged armed robbery
- Flora police are investigating an armed robbery
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- Black Friday shopping begins
- Arrest made in Horizon Bank armed robbery investigation
- Man arrested for armed robbery at Lafayette gas station
- Police looking for suspect in alleged Romney Meadows armed robbery
- Police investigate attempted armed robbery of downtown Shell station
- Three charged in armed robbery case