LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Lafayette Police are investigating a shots fired incident that happened early Sunday morning.
Sgt. Daniel Long said they responded to a call that a person had been rear-ended in their car at Earl Avenue and State Street. He said the driver reported hearing gunfire, but they didn't know where it was coming from. This was around 1:10 a.m.
Not long after, he said they received several calls from people in the area about shots being fired. He said they found shell casings in the street just up the road from where the car was rear-ended, at the corner of 22nd Street and State Street.
Sgt. Long said they do not know if the incidents are connected, but that it is suspicious that they happened so close together in time and proximity.
He said there are no direct eyewitnesses to the shooting and they don't have any suspects. There were also no injuries.
Anyone with information about this incident should contact LPD at 765-807-1200 or contact the anonymous WeTIPP Hotline at 800-78-CRIME.
- Lafayette Police investigate shots fired overnight
- Police investigating shots fired in Lafayette
- Lafayette police investigate shots fired at bus stop
- Police investigating weekend shots fired near Lafayette apartment
- Lafayette police investigating shots fired on the city's south side
- Police investigating shots fired near Columbian Park
- Police investigating 11th Street shots fired
- Lafayette police investigating after truck found shot up
- Lafayette police investigating after home shot at on south side
- LPD is investigating shots fired at a Lafayette apartment complex