LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police are investigating what is being called a suspicious death in a house near the Tippecanoe Public Library.
According to the Lafayette Police Department, a call was received about 2 p.m. from a landlord who found a male body in a home in the 600 block of Alabama Street.
Officials said the early investigation indicates this was not a natural death and detectives are investigating it as a homicide. They also stated there is no danger to the public.
Police are currently on scene along with the coroner waiting for a search warrant to enter the house.
No further information has been released at this time. Police ask if you have any information related to the investigation to contact the Lafayette Police Department at 765-807-1200, or the WeTip Hotline at 1-800-78 CRIME.
We have a crew on scene and will update the story as more information becomes available.
- Police investigating homicide near downtown Lafayette
- Downtown Lafayette host OutFest
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation
- Lafayette Police investigating a stabbing
- Police discuss stabbings and Lafayette's 1st homicide of 2018
- LPD released name of Lafayette homicide victim
- Man dies 'traumatic death' in Lafayette homicide
- Lafayette police investigate shooting at Romney Meadows
- Lafayette police investigating 2 overnight stabbings
- Lafayette police investigating early morning shooting