LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police are investigating a report of a possible armed robbery early Tuesday morning. Around 12:50 a.m. Tuesday morning the Lafayette Police Department responded to a report of an armed robbery that took place at 3900 block of Amelia Avenue. The incident took place near the location where the body of 16-year-old Keiandre Holt was found later Tuesday morning.
According to Lafayette police, A pizza delivery driver, Cody Achgill, reported a male attempted to rob him while he was making a delivery. He fired his handgun at the suspect, who then reportedly ran away. Achgill notified police of the robbery. Officers from the LPD recovered a handgun, believed to belong to the suspect.
Detectives on the case are investigating to see if this incident is related to the report of a deceased male found in the 3900 block of Amelia Ave around 7 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Anyone with any information on these incidents is encouraged to contact the Lafayette Police Department at 765-807-1200, or through the anonymous We-TIP hotline at 800-78-CRIME.
- Police investigating an armed robbery near location where body was found
- Flora police are investigating an armed robbery
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- LPD investigating Black Friday alleged armed robbery
- Police investigate attempted armed robbery of downtown Shell station
- Police investigate report of armed robbery at Lafayette Vitamin Shoppe
- Lebanon Police apprehend armed robbery suspects
- Lebanon Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Crawfordsville police investigating bank robbery
- Logansport police investigating body found in wooded area