LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Lafayette police are investigating after multiple shots were fired just north of downtown Monday morning.
Police were called to the intersection of Salem and 11th Streets around 2:15 a.m. When they arrived, police say several women were inside a home in the 900 block of North 10th Street. The women told police a 27-year-old man came to the home to pick up some belongings.
That's when police said he became angry and got into a physical altercation with one of the women. Police said after the man left the home, the women heard several gunshots go off from outside.
Three shell casings were found at the scene, according to officers. Police said there is no evidence that the rounds hit the home. No injuries were reported.
Police also said they cannot say that the shots fired are related to what happened inside the home.
If you have any information in this case, call Lafayette police at (765) 807-1200 or the WeTip Hotline at (800) 78-CRIME.
- Police investigating 11th Street shots fired
- Shots fired at an apartment building near 11th and Cincinnati Streets
- Police investigating shots fired near Columbian Park
- Police investigating reports of shots fired at Briarwood Apartments
- Police investigating weekend shots fired near Lafayette apartment
- Lafayette police investigate shots fired at bus stop
- Three men arrested following South 4th Street shots fired
- LPD investigating Broadway Street shooting
- Lafayette police investigating after truck found shot up
- LPD investigating shots fired in Brampton Apartments area