COLUMBUS, Ind. (AP) — Authorities have identified a woman found dead along the shoulder of an interstate in southern Indiana.
The (Columbus) Republic reports that the manner of 21-year-old Araceli Macedo's death remains under investigation. Macedo was from Lexington, Kentucky.
Her body was spotted Sept. 17 by motorists along Interstate 65 near Columbus. An autopsy determined she died of blunt force trauma to the chest and abdomen. Results of toxicology tests are pending.
Police also are trying to determine how Macedo arrived at the location where her body was found. No vehicle was found in the area.
- Police identify woman found dead along I-65 in Indiana
- Woman found dead along southern I-65; help sought identifying her
- Indiana State Police found lost dog on I-65
- ISP says 2 dead in I-65 crash
- Woman killed while walking along I-65
- Northbound I-65 back open
- Police: 2 women, man found dead in southwestern Indiana home
- I-65 police chase ends in Clinton County
- Police investigate death of woman found in S. Indiana river
- Authorities identify 2 young siblings dead in Indiana fire