LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police found shell casings at a home after responding to a report of gunshots.
Around 8 p.m. Sunday, police saw two people running near Sixth Street and Lingle Avenue. Officers asked what they were running from, and the people said they heard gunshots.
According to Lt. Scott Galloway, officers found two shell casings behind a home in 300 block of South Sixth Street. One bullet hit a car and another hit a garage. Neighbors also reported hearing gunshots.
There are no suspects and no injuries were reported as of Monday morning.
Police do not believe the people running are suspects.
You are asked to call LPD or the anonymous WeTip hotline at (800) 78-CRIME with any information.
- Police find shell casings after reported shooting
- Lafayette police find shell casings after report of shots fired
- Police investigate attempted armed robbery of downtown Shell station
- Shell gas station robbery suspect arrested
- Columbian Park band shell to be rebuilt
- Suspect charged with Shell Gas Station attempted robbery
- Pittsburgh police responding to reports of active shooting
- Purdue student arrested after police find LSD
- Crawfordsville Police Department find missing person
- Shooting with multiple victims reported in Maryland