MIAMI COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Two men are in jail after being caught by police in the process of a home burglary in Bennett’s Switch, Indiana.
Police say early Monday morning Miami County Sheriff’s Department responded to a tripped alarm at a residence at the 2000 block of West North Street in Bennett’s Switch.
Deputies found evidence of a break-in and called for assistance. Upon entering the home, officers found 18-year-old Allen Ray Roberts Jr. and 19-year-old Robert J. Johnson who appeared to be in the middle of a burglary.
They were also found with what was believed to be methamphetamine as well as ammunition for firearms that police found hidden in the woods nearby. It was discovered that the firearms had been taken from the property.
The two were taken to Miami County Jail on preliminary charges of burglary, possession of methamphetamine over 28 grams and carrying a handgun without a license.
- Police catch 2 during Miami Co. burglary
- Police seeking information in fatal Miami County crash
- State police investigate inmate stabbing at Miami Correctional Facility
- Kokomo teen dies in Miami Co. crash
- Harris Leads Purdue past Miami (Ohio) 75-66
- EMT Dies in Miami County Crash
- Bridge maintenance to begin in Miami Co.
- Abandoned Monticello home catches fire
- Lafayette fire facility catches fire
- Miami County crash claims life of 12-year-old girl