TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Seven people were booked into the Tippecanoe County Jail on New Year's Eve night for suspected drunken driving, according to the sheriff's office.
From 6 p.m. to 4 a.m. Lafayette police made 43 traffic stops and arrested three people for operating while intoxicated, according to Sgt. Shana Wainscott. West Lafayette police arrested two suspected drunken drivers. Purdue police and the sheriff's office each brought in one.
The average cost of an OWI is about $10,000. That includes car towing, attorney fees, court costs, and lost time at work.
- Police arrest 7 for OWI on New Year's Eve night in Tippecanoe County
- OWI arrest made in Clinton Co. crash
- New Year's Eve Trivia
- Carroll County Sheriff: OWI arrest leads to marijuana bust
- OWI arrest after rollover crash in West Lafayette
- Here's what happens when you're arrested for OWI in Lafayette
- Driver arrested for OWI in crash with officer
- Avon police arrest 2-time Indy 500 winner Al Unser, Jr. on OWI charge
- Man arrested for shooting in Tippecanoe County
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe County standoff situation