TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A man is in custody after a standoff situation in a Tippecanoe County neighborhood Wednesday night.
Investigators with the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office said it started as a domestic dispute.
A woman told police her boyfriend came to her home in the 4500 block of Chisholm Trail, begging her to let him inside. That's about a mile west of Wea Ridge Middle School. After the woman let him in, he started hitting her with a gun.
He then started firing blank rounds at her. The woman was able to escape to a neighbor's and call 911.
The man then barricaded himself in the house. Deputies set up a perimeter and a SWAT team was called to the scene. Once authorities made their way into the home, they were able to take the man into custody.
Police arrested 21-year-old Ryan Rogers. He was booked Thursday morning in the Tippecanoe County Jail.
Rogers was taken to a hospital to be evaluated. Investigators believe drugs and alcohol were factors in the incident.
He faces preliminary charges of battery by means of a deadly weapon, criminal confinement while armed, and intimidation with use of a deadly weapon. The sheriff's office said more charges could be added once investigators talk to more witnesses.
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe County standoff situation
- Standoff is over in SWAT situation in Tippecanoe County
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe Arts Federation theft
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe Mall incident
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe County courthouse bomb threat
- Lafayette man arrested after standoff
- Man arrested for shooting in Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- 18th Street SWAT situation ends with arrest