MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) — A domestic dispute is believed to have led to the shooting deaths of a Monticello couple Friday, according to police.
Monticello police said Stephen R. Russell, 48, and Shannan C. Russell, 35, were both found dead in their home. Chief Randy Soliday would not give more information about the nature of their deaths.
About 8:30 Friday evening, police responded to the 1100 block of O'Connor Blvd. on the north side of Monticello. A caller reported hearing gunshots from inside a home.
Autopsies reveal both Stephen Russell and Shannan Russell died of gunshot wounds. Police said there is no threat to the public.
- Police: Domestic dispute led to shooting deaths in Monticello
- Police shoot, wound Indiana man after domestic dispute, fire
- Monticello teacher attends space camp
- Abandoned Monticello home catches fire
- Monticello man arrested after allegedly shooting at someone
- Indiana police wiretapping dispute continues
- Monticello police officer puts mental health training to work
- DAY 4 TRIAL: Domestic disputes between Smith, Kincade spanned years, police say
- Monticello factory investigating injury of employee
- Monticello woman dead after Sunday morning crash