INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Police say three men have been fatally shot in Indianapolis.
The shooting happened late Sunday on the city's northwest side, near where people were gathered for a jazz festival. Police Capt. Karen Arnett tells television station WTTV, however, there were hundreds of people in the street so "we're not real sure if any of the men ... were at that event."
Police say the three were found with gunshot wounds and two were pronounced dead at the scene. Police say the third was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Names weren't immediately released. Police didn't release information about a possible suspect and were speaking with potential witnesses.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police.
- Police: 3 fatally shot in Indianapolis; witnesses sought
- Indianapolis police arrest 2 in fatal shooting of girl, 1
- 5 people, including 2 judges, shot, wounded in Indianapolis
- 2 judges among 5 people shot overnight in Indianapolis
- Kokomo man fatally shot by 11-year-old, police say
- Police name northern Indiana man fatally shot by deputies
- Suburban Indianapolis police force deploying body cameras
- Indianapolis Zoo opening new exhibits