HENDRICKSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say three people have been found dead in a southwestern Indiana home in an apparent double murder and suicide.
Indiana State Police Sgt. Curt Durnil says the bodies of two women and a man were found Tuesday in the Green County home along State Route 43 about 1½ miles south of Hendricksville.
The victims were identified as 73-year-old Peggy J. Burks, her 71-year-old husband, Lawrence T. Burks, and 58-year-old Debra K. Floyd.
Durnil said the investigation is ongoing and a motive has not been established.
The (Bloomington) Herald-Times reports Greene Superior Court records show Peggy Burks filed a petition for divorce on Aug. 21, and her husband countered by filing against her the next day. A court hearing in the divorce was initially set for Wednesday, but was postponed to Sept. 27. Peggy Burks sent a letter to the judge objecting to the delay.
- Police: 2 women, man found dead in southwestern Indiana home
- Truck hauling cows overturns in southwestern Indiana
- Leaders in southwestern Indiana city turn down term limits
- Police identify woman found dead along I-65 in Indiana
- NW Indiana man found dead beneath overturned lawn mower
- Authorities: 48 guns, drugs found in Indiana man's home
- Police: Man found dead in tent at Speedway from Illinois
- Clinton County man found dead after crash
- ISP: Missing Brookston man found dead
- Hundreds of fish found dead at pond in southern Indiana