Photo Gallery 1 Images
TIPPECANOE CO., Ind. (WLFI) — Plans are moving ahead for a new bed and breakfast style inn.
As News 18 previously reported, the Area Plan Commission recommended approval of the inn back in December of 2014.
After more than three years of planning, the Whittaker is becoming a reality.
It's owned by Andrew and Elizabeth Whittaker, and will be built on County Road 500 North, just west of County Road 50 West.
That's about a mile south of Harrison High School.
The inn will have 15 bedrooms and a 40 person dining room and event space.
Greater Lafayette Commerce Board Chairman Gary Lehman said it will offer up a new experience.
"Something like this, I think, will appeal to those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of a metropolitan area and feel that they're out in the country, but still just have a few minutes until they're downtown or to Purdue for their meetings or whatever is
bringing them here," he said.
A ground breaking ceremony is planned for April 16.
The Whittaker is expected to open in January of 2019.
- Plans moving ahead for bed and breakfast style inn
- New boutique bed and breakfast opens in West Lafayette
- Former Days Inn finally demolished
- Groundbreaking ceremony held for the Whittaker Inn
- Former Days Inn demoltion finally begins
- Rain Moves Out, Clear Sunday Ahead
- Bed bugs found at Veterans Home
- Bed Bath & Beyond to close 40 stores
- Commuters plan ahead for I-65 bridge reconstruction
- Major renovation plans move forward for TSC