WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Plans to bring more commercial development to Sagamore Parkway in West Lafayette move forward yet again.
The Area Plan Commission signed off on a request to rezone the land next to Applebee's and the Four Points by Sheraton hotel.
The proposal has been before county and city officials previously, but there were concerns over access and heavy traffic.
West Lafayette Director of Development Erik Carlson said they've figured out a way to access the development from both Sagamore Parkway and Cumberland Avenue.
"Our city council had some concerns that there wasn't going to be proper access to the site without a second road and what we've been able to hammer out over the last few months was a way to do that with a road in between the church and the hotel," said Carlson.
Carlson said so far, developers have eyes on a fast-casual restaurant for the area.
The proposal now heads back to the West Lafayette City Council.
- Plans for development in WL move forward yet again
- WL council moves forward with trash and recycling expansion
- Major renovation plans move forward for TSC
- Union Club Hotel renovation plan moves forward
- WL recreation center planning continues
- Tippecanoe fairgrounds project moves forward
- Animal cruelty bill moves forward
- WL Wellness and Aquatics Center takes another step forward
- New WL city hall plans progressing
- Plans for development in WL put on hold for city council