TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Plans to add an aquatic center to the West Lafayette Junior-Senior High School moved forward Wednesday.
As News 18 has reported, the plans are part of the district's facility upgrades.
A multi-purpose aquatic center will be added to the existing building.
Attorneys were before the Board of Zoning Appeals Wednesday, requesting variances for the project. The variances addressed issues, including parking and building coverage.
"They're going to add on a new aquatics center. It will replace the existing pool - about 19,000 square feet and that required us to request 2-3 different variances," said Kevin Riley.
In other news, the BZA voted down a special exception for a proposed cell tower on Lafayette's south side. There were concerns about the tower's proximity to a radio group, located along South 18th Street.
- Plans advance for aquatic center at West Lafayette Jr.-Sr. High School
- West Lafayette Schools developing plan for new aquatics center
- Plans advance for West Lafayette small Target, mixed-use project
- Renderings released, construction to start on West Lafayette Wellness and Aquatic Center
- West Lafayette city hall and recreation center planning phase
- Morton Center named West Lafayette City Hall
- SR 234 closing Monday
- West Lafayette High School celebrates Wall of Pride nominees
- City seeks feedback on new recreation and aquatics center
- WL Wellness and Aquatics Center takes another step forward