WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)-- Although the first home game is 49 days away, Purdue fans may want to jump on booking hotels before they miss their chance.
With the season looking strong, this is a prime time to start booking a visit for when you come to visit Purdue University. The university has already sold 2,000 more tickets than they did this time last year.
According to the university, Ross-Ade holds more than 55,000 in the stadium. They've already sold 25,000 tickets for the season so far. That's why they're telling people to book early in order to have the best seat in the house.
Jerry Ritchie toured Purdue with his son, who will become a Boilermaker in the fall. Because his family lives in Missouri, they'll have to plan ahead if they want to visit.
"I mean if you had the means to look ahead and this was your thing on the weekends in the fall," said Ritchie. "Good for you!"
Senior Associate Athletics Director Tom Schott said Purdue has sold more than 5,300 new season tickets. The season ticket renewal rate is at 91% from last year and general-public season ticket sales are up significantly by 19,000 so far this year versus 14,000 a year ago.
Even hotels nearby are booking up rooms for out-of-town guests. Purdue Memorial Union Director Zane Reif said his hotel is in a prime location.
"It's really convenient, we're just a short walk away from the stadium," said Schott. "We have a lot of things going on in the Purdue Memorial Union, so a lot of pre-game activities, you can walk right down the major walk right into the stadium."
But like some visitors, who are still unsure of what their plans are, the countdown to plan ahead starts now.
- Planning Ahead: Purdue fans are ready for football season
- Purdue fans ready for 2017 bowl game
- SIGHTS & SOUNDS: 2017 Purdue Football Season
- Purdue fans invade San Francisco ahead of Foster Farms Bowl
- Purdue fans "Hammer Down" cancer
- Local bars welcome football fans
- Purdue football 2018 season opener moved to Thursday
- Purdue announces parking, traffic plans for first home football game
- Purdue releases spring football schedule
- Purdue football announces future football game dates, opponents