LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Emergency crews were called to a field near Shadeland Thursday afternoon for a report of a small plane making an emergency landing.
It happened around 4:45 p.m.
Initial reports indicated there were minor injuries. Deputies with the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office who were on scene said there were no injuries.
Deputies said an instructor and student out of the Purdue University Airport were on board.
They believe something went wrong with the engine and the plane just started to glide. The instructor was able to step in and make a quick decision.
"She didn't think that the aircraft could make it back to the airport, so she found a safe field to land it. Nobody was injured and there was no damage done," said Deputy Ryne Shoemaker.
The Federal Aviation Administration was called in to continue the investigation.
- Small plane makes emergency landing in field
- Purdue aircraft makes emergency landing in Clinton County field
- Pilot makes emergency landing in ditch near shopping center
- Pilot makes emergency landing on highway - all captured on trooper's dashcam
- Man OK after crashing on small plane at Purdue Airport
- Authorities: 1 believed dead in northern Indiana small plane crash
- Pilot seriously injured in small plane crash in Indiana
- Police: 2 die in small plane crash near Indianapolis
- The Lafayette mobile manger makes a landing
- Mobile manger makes a landing at the Tippecanoe County Courthouse