WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Christmas is the time for giving and that's exactly what one youth group did Sunday. A pizza delivery woman dropped off pizzas to Northview Church, and she couldn't have expected what happened next.
All 42 members of the youth group chipped in to give Suzanne, as they know her, a $370 cash tip. The generous gesture was caught on video.
You can see her place the 12 pizzas on the counter. Northview Student Ministries Pastor Aaron Crull then gives her the money.
The idea started when Crull challenged his youth group to focus on giving this Christmas season. Crull had met with other Northview Church leaders and thought this would be a humbling experience.
He said the excitement on the kid's faces when Suzanne received the money was priceless.
He added he just wanted Suzanne to feel valued.
"My hope is that she felt loved," said Crull. "It seemed like she felt cared for and felt loved because that's what we are trying to show. She is in fact cared for and loved. That's what's cool is even though she is a total stranger is you had no idea who was going to show up."
Suzanne is a mother of three and told Crull she will use the money to buy them Christmas gifts. Crull hopes this inspires people to give this holiday season.
- Pizza delivery woman receives $370 tip from a local youth group
- Local nurse receives international award
- FBI received tip on Florida suspect but did not investigate
- USPS suspends deliveries throughout Indiana
- Amazon shutters restaurant delivery service
- Ukrainian group to learn from local firefighters
- Local group recognizes Underground Railroad home
- Local group honors Sandy Hook victims
- Purdue president receives first food robot delivery as university launches service on campus
- Local High Schools Receiving New Turf Fields