TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office is warning community members about a phone scam.
Deputies just released an alert about the phone number 765-250-4298. A male has been identifying himself as "Deputy Randall."
They said if a voicemail is left an extension number of 701 is given. The Sheriff's Office said it "sounds very legitimate."
The scam tells callers it is the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office and said to hang up and call 911 if this an emergency.
The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office said to please use caution and either don't answer or don't call back.
Again this is a scam!
As a reminder, be safe, stay aware and never give out your information.
- Phone scam going around Tippecanoe County
- Frankfort police looking into new phone scam
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Sheriff's office says look out for scam phone calls
- Over the phone scams targeting international students at Purdue University
- Tippecanoe County voter card confusion
- Recycling Update for Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe County is thinking solar
- 2019 Tippecanoe County Fair Schedule