LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — McCutcheon senior Peyton Williams signed his letter of intent to play baseball at Kankakee Community College on Wednesday.
Williams hit .353 with 23 RBIs and two home runs as a junior for coach Doug Schreiber and the Mavericks.
Williams said it's a dream to play college baseball, especially for a championship caliber program.
"Just playing for a national championship program — I really love Kankakee," said Williams. "The trust — they believe in me on and off the field. They're a great program. They improve kids and they move kids on to four year schools which is the next goal of mine."
Williams also was a three-year starter at quarterback for the McCutcheon football team.
- Peyton Williams signs to play baseball for Kankakee Valley Community College
- Kankakee levee breach leaves locals worried about flooding
- McCutcheon's Jackson Smeltz signs to play baseball at Purdue
- Bennie Patterson signs to play basketball at Franklin College
- Harrison's Drew Davidson signs to play baseball at Danville Area CC
- Grace Balensiefer signs to play volleyball at NIU
- Harrison's Stansbury signs to play softball at Purdue Fort Wayne
- College football early signing period underway at 7 a.m. Wednesday
- Ivy Tech Community College to host annual career fair
- Ivy Tech Community College in Lafayette celebrates a big birthday