Photo Gallery 14 Images
This story has been updated.
FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) — A Frankfort firefighter is recovering after being pulled from a downtown fire and taken to the hospital Tuesday. According to fellow firefighters, firefighter, Greg Miller, a 30 year veteran of the department was released from IU Health Arnett.
Miller was rescued by fellow firefighters after a "mayday" call was issued when the firefighter fell through a section of the floor.
Crews are still trying to put out the fire at T&R Pet Grooming located at 55 West Washington Street. That's about a block north of the Clinton County Courthouse.
Officials said it started around 9:30 a.m. in the garage on the side of the building. It then spread to the second floor, and high winds caused the top floor of the building next door to catch fire.
The Frankfort Public Library is closed due to a fire related power outage.
- Firefighter pulled from downtown Frankfort fire
- Frankfort firefighters' long battle with the downtown fire
- New development "revitalizes" downtown Frankfort
- Three firefighters injured in Frankfort house fire
- Frankfort fire under careful watch
- Cause of Frankfort fire undetermined
- Frankfort house fire ruled arson
- Frankfort receives $650K in private donations for new downtown park
- Frankfort firefighters go shopping for a good cause
- Frankfort Fire lift 'shelter in place' alert