LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A cat died and a dog was injured in a morning house fire on Lafayette's north side, according to Capt. Barker with LFD.
Firefighters were called to the 2800 block of Vinton Street around 8:30 Thursday morning for flames coming from the window of the home. Barker told News 18 no people were inside when it started. He said it appears it started in the kitchen, but firefighters are unsure how it began.
The firefighters were able to rescue the dog and were tending to it. It is unknown who lives in the home.