TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A man has died in a crash between a moped and a truck in the southeastern part of Tippecanoe County, according to Capt. Robert Hainje. James Bray, 46 of Lafayette, died in the crash Thursday.
Hainje said the preliminary investigation shows that around 6:40 a.m., a GMC pickup truck driven by Ryan Newhart was "left of center" when coming around a bend near the 8000 block of Wyandotte Road. Hainje said an oncoming moped then swerved to miss the truck, throwing the driver. Bray was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
According to The Tippecanoe County Sheriff’s Office, the driver of the pickup uninjured.
A preliminary investigation shows drugs and alcohol were not factors in the crash however toxicology results are pending.
Drones were used at the scene. The crash remains under investigation.
- Man dies in Thursday morning crash between moped and truck
- Lafayette police: Lock up your mopeds
- Man dies after crash with a garbage truck
- Hoosier Heartland crash victim dies
- Man dies following crash on I-65 in Jasper County
- Man dies from injuries after U.S. 231 Crash
- Man who died after Carroll County crash identified
- Mulberry man dies after crashing car into tree
- West Lafayette man dies in Lake County crash
- Newton County man dies in single-vehicle crash