INDIANAPOLIS (WTTV/WLFI) - A man believed to be involved in the disappearance of an Indianapolis baby was arrested in Warren County Tuesday on unrelated forgery charges.
Robert Lyons was taken into custody there for two forgery charges and two theft charges, all out of Marion County. It's unclear why Lyons was in Warren County.
He's the ex-boyfriend of Amber Robertson, the mother of 8-month old Amiah Robertson who has been missing since last month. Police said they have evidence Lyon taunted Amber Robertson over Amiah's whereabouts for days before she was reported missing.
An investigator said they do believe Lyons "played a part" in Amiah's disappearance. However, he has never been arrested in connection to the case.
The statement came moments after police completed a dig in the backyard of the child's babysitter Tuesday. Investigators said cadaver dogs searing during a warrant service Monday had indicated something may be there. WTTV reports nothing was found in the search.
Police said Amiah was last seen alive about eight weeks ago. They said Lyons has told them several places where the baby would be found, none of which proved true.
Amber Robertson told CBS4's Russ McQuaid she believed her daughter was still alive after watching investigators unsuccessfully dig up the back yard of her babysitter’s home.
“I know that she’s somewhere out here and she’s very scared,” said Amber Robertson. “I want to be with her right now because I know how scared she is and I want to bring her home.”
Anyone with information can call Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.
- Person of interest in disappearance of Indianapolis baby arrested in Warren County
- ‘Person of interest’ in Delphi homicides to return to Indiana
- LPD names a person of interest in Virginia Street shooting
- Police detain "person of interest" in fire with body found
- Purdue Police question person of interest in alleged sexual battery
- INTERESTING SEVERE WEATHER STATS
- Indianapolis area getting box for safely surrendering babies
- FBI joins investigation into missing Indianapolis baby, Silver Alert cancelled
- 'Person of interest' in Lafayette homicide and arson booked into Tippecanoe County Jail