Update: The person shot has been identified as 39-year-old Matthew Olsen. According to Indiana State Police, he is stable in an Indianapolis hospital.
LADOGA, Ind. (WLFI) - A person is in serous condition after an officer-involved shooting in Montgomery County, according to Indiana State Police.
Around 10 p.m. Wednesday, officers went to a home on East County Road 1200 South near Lagoda. Police said the Montgomery County SWAT team was attempting to serve a warrant for a person inside the home when police said they were shot at.
SWAT officers then shot back at the suspect and injured the person. Police said once the scene was cleared, officers gave the person first aid.
The person was taken to an Indianapolis hospital. No officers were hurt.
ISP was asked to investigate the shooting. Once the report is complete, it will be turned over to the Montgomery County Prosecutor's Office.
NEW OVERNIGHT: A man is in serious condition after an officer-involved shooting in Montgomery County, per @ISPLafayette. Police say SWAT officers were serving a warrant when they were shot at. Officers fired back, according to police. @IndStatePolice investigating. @WLFI
— Trevor Peters (@TrevorPetersTV) April 4, 2019
- Person in serious condition after officer-involved shooting
- ISP investigating officer involved shooting in Waynetown
- Police identify suspect in officer-involved shooting
- Person injured in police-involved shooting near Crawfordsville
- LPD releases dashcam footage of officer-involved shooting
- Person killed in a crash involving a semi, multiple cars
- 1 dead in police-involved shooting
- Man dies in Lafayette police-involved shooting
- Officer involved in Montgomery County shooting did not have dash or body cam equipped
- LPD to release footage of deadly officer-involved shooting, no criminal charges will be filed