TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A person is dead and another injured after a two-vehicle crash involving a semi, according to the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office. It happened around 10:50 a.m. at State Road 26 East and 900 East.
According to Capt. Robert Hainje, a Dodge Durango was driving on 900 East and didn't stop at a stop sign. The Durango collided with a semi at the intersection and traveled off the side of the road into a ditch.
A female passenger in the Durango was pronounced dead at the scene. The female driver was taken to IU Arnett and later flown to an Indianapolis hospital with critical injuries. The man driving the semi was not hurt.
Hainje said the two women in the Durango were not wearing seat belts. Alcohol and drugs do not appear to be factors in the crash.
- Woman dead after crash involving a semi on State Road 26
- Victim of fatal crash on State Road 26 identified
- Two dead in serious head-on crash on State Road 26
- State Road 28 is back open after two semis crash
- Person killed in a crash involving a semi, multiple cars
- Road reopened after deadly serious crash on State Road 26 in Clinton County
- Traffic Alert: State Road 26 20 minute closures start Wednesday
- State Road 26 will undergo lane restrictions this week
- Six people injured including one airlifted in State Road 26 crash
- Married couple dead after crash involving Indiana trooper