LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—The second annual Ugly Sweater Walk & Run event was held at Riehle Plaza Saturday morning.
The event was organized by Momentum Indiana , an event management organization. Participants paid a thirty five dollar registration fee.
Co-founder of Momentum Indiana, Jake Franklin, said he hopes people will take away a positive and great message.
"I hope that they take away an event experience that they remember," said Franklin. "So that's the goal and a part of our philosophy is that people come here and they have a good time and they don't forget it. They want to come back next year."
The event welcomed over 300 participants this year.
- People put on their ugly Christmas sweaters for a cause
- It's National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day
- Momentum hosts Lafayette's first ugly sweater 5K run
- Christmas sweater with Santa and cocaine forces Walmart to apologize
- Gucci apologizes after social media users say sweater resembles blackface
- Christmas Eve water main break puts Otterbein under boil order
- Thousands of people receive Christmas lunch at Jeff High School
- Mulberry hosts Hometown Christmas
- Think "Green" this Christmas
- Lafayette Christmas Parade Forecast